MS ASP.Net Core
Hosting for Microsoft's ASP.NET Core
01384 487 800
Microsoft ASP.NET Core Hosting
Freecom's cloud based ASP.NET Core hosting packages, fully support ASP.NET Core, and accompanying services that complement it. Get in touch with your requirements, we'll be glad to talk you through your options.
What is Microsoft ASP.NET Core?
Microsoft ASP.NET Core is a brand new cross-platform ASP.NET product from Microsoft.
ASP.NET Core 1.0 has many features for developers, including a few of these below taken from the Microsoft .NET Blog
- Cross-platform: ASP.NET Core Runs on Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Flexible Deployment: Can be included in your app or installed side-by-side user- or machine-wide.
- Command-line tools: All product scenarios can be exercised at the command-line.
- Compatible: ASP.NET Core is compatible with ASP.NET Framework, Xamarin and Mono, via the .NET Standard Library.
- Open source: The ASP.NET Core platform is open source, using MIT and Apache 2 licenses. Documentation is licensed under CC-BY. .NET Core is a .NET Foundation project.
- Supported by Microsoft: .NET Core is supported by Microsoft, per ASP.NET Core Support
NET Core is composed of the following parts:
A ASP.NET runtime, which provides a type system, assembly loading, a garbage collector, native interop and other basic services.
A set of framework libraries, which provide primitive data types, app composition types and fundamental utilities.
A set of SDK tools and language compilers that enable the base developer experience, available in the .NET Core SDK.
The ‘dotnet’ app host, which is used to launch .NET Core apps. It selects and hosts the runtime, provides an assembly loading policy and launches the app. The same host is also used to launch SDK tools in the same way.